1. In Internet Explorer go to: www2.distance.uottawa.ca. You will see the following screen. Click on the 'Bridgit' link.
2. You will see a file download dialog box. Choose 'Run'. It will take 1-2 minutes to download the software.
3. While the software is downloading you will see a dialog box like this.
4. If you get a security warning click 'Run'
3. The Bridgit software will start up. Enter "www2.distance.uottawa.ca" in the box beside Server name and click on Connect.
4. While Bridgit is connecting to the server you may see the following screen:
5. Once Bridgit is connected to the server you will be able to see a list of Active Conferences. You will not see the CHNET-Works! Fireside Chat session listed until the day of the Fireside Chat. It will be available 3 hours before the chat until 1/2 an hour after the chat.
On the day of the chat please sign in no later than 20 minutes before the Fireside Chat. Please sign in no later than 20 minutes before the Fireside Chat.
The Bridgit conference will be opened around 9:30 AM and will not be ended until 2:30 PM on the day of the chat, We recommend that you try out the link as soon as you can.
Once you have Bridgit running:
- Click on the link to join directly in the Fireside Chat 'conference'.
- Select the CHNET-Works Fireside Chat. If you are prompted, the password for our fireside chat will be: distance.
- Click join.
- Enter your name as you would like other participants to see it.
- Click ok.
You should be in! The screen should look something like this:
Note: Only the presenter has 'control' of the Bridgit functions e.g. to be able to click page up/down etc. Please do not try any of the Bridgit tools/functions - this may interrupt the presentation.
Participants - just relax and 'enjoy the show'! Remember to exit Bridgit at the end of the conference.
|< Précédent||Suivant >|