1. In Firefox, go to: www2.distance.uottawa.ca. You will see the following screen. Click on the 'Bridgit' link.
2. Next you will see a dialog box. Choose 'Save to disk' and click OK.
3. While the software is downloading you will see a dialog box like this:
4. Once the software is downloaded click on the 'Open' link to start up Bridgit.
5. If you get a security warning like this, click OK.
5. The Bridgit software will now start. Enter "www2.distance.uottawa.ca" in the box beside Server name and click on Connect.
6. Once Bridgit is connected to the server you will be able to see a list of Active Conferences. You will not see the CHNET-Works! Fireside Chat session listed until the day of the Fireside Chat. It will be available 3 hours before the chat until half an hour after the chat.
On the day of the chat please sign in no later than 20 minutes before the Fireside Chat.
The Bridgit conference will be opened around 9:30 AM and will not be ended until 2:30 PM on the day of the chat, We recommend that you try out the link as soon as you can.
Once you have Bridgit running:
- Click on the link to join directly in the Fireside Chat 'conference'.
- Select the CHNET-Works Fireside Chat. If you are prompted, the password for our fireside chat will be: distance.
- Click join.
- Enter your name as you would like other participants to see it.
- Click ok.
You should be in! The screen should look something like this:
Note: Only the presenter has 'control' of the Bridgit functions e.g. to be able to click page up/down etc. Please do not try any of the Bridgit tools/functions - this may interrupt the presentation.
Participants - just relax and 'enjoy the show'! Remember to exit Bridgit at the end of the conference.
|< Prev||Next >|