How do I Register for a Fireside Chat?
- (Create a Login Account - if you don't have one)
Log in using your email and password
- From the list of Upcoming Fireside Chats, select the topic that interests you
- You will now be on an information page for that Fireside Chat topic,. Click 'register' and click again to confirm
- An automatic email is sent to you, with registration confirmation and access instructions for the Fireside Chat.
Print out these instructions to have available on the day of the 'chat'. (Reminders are sent 1 day prior and again 2 hours prior to the 'chat')
Once Registered, How do I join in a Fireside Chat?
NOTE: All Fireside Chat registrants are provided with access instructions via email imediately after registering on line and reminder emails sent just prior to the 'chat'.
There are 3 steps to join in a Fireside Chat:
1. Download the Backup PowerPoint Presentation (posted on the day of the Fireside Chat)
2. Join in the toll free Teleconference - to HEAR the presentations.(ALL audio via teleconference)
3. Join in the Internet Conference - to see the presentation being shown, to post your comments/questions and to see those posted by your colleagues from across Canada (no audio via internet)
If you cannot access the internet conference - use the backup PowerPoint presentation to follow along.
To Access all Fireside Chat Power Point Presentations:
Click here to access Fireside Chat PowerPoint presentations. They are listed by date.
Participants from beyond continental north america can join in the teleconference via SKYPE
(Skype software is free, there may be some charges calling internationally to a land line - check your Skype account)
The internet conference (to see the Presentation and to join in text discussions) is available to participants anywhere in the world with highspeed internet (some participants may have to address their network firewalls)
Still having difficulty logging in to register for a Fireside Chat?
Lost your Fireside Chat teleconference and internet conference access instructions?
Having difficulty as you are signing into a Fireside Chat?
Technical support is provided 10 minutes prior to each Fireside Chat - via the toll free telephone conference and by email.
Pending permission from the Advisor on Tap, we will digitally record the Fireside Chat with the intent to use the recording for possible future podcasts or presentations.
We will announce pod cast postings via our weekly 'Updates' email broadcasts to all participants, and on our website.
Sorry - we are unable to send copies of the recordings to individual participants.
What are Fireside Chats?
Fireside Chats are FREE pan-Canadian discussion forums for professionals in population health improvement - and stakeholder sectors.
Fireside Chat participants have said:
"I love the fireside chats - always informative and least amount of hassle and time away from clinical duties which is the priority. We need the training and education piece to do the clinical so it’s a win win. Thanks so much "
"An excellent way to access learning opportunities and for networking. Especially when working in more remote areas. "
"Kudo's for the fab Fireside chats. I have found them very informative and enjoyable."
"I look forward to future chats."
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care for funding.
University of Ottawa Distance Education department for providing 'Bridgit' (desktop sharing software) to show the Fireside Chat presentation via the internet.